Thursday, September 13, 2012

My 100th Post!

This is my 100th post since I started my blog 4 years ago. Thats kind of sad if you think about it. That averages about 25 posts per year. I have been posting a lot more this year that I have in the past though. Anywho, in honor of my 100th post I was cleaning out my camera and I found a pretty picture for you all to enjoy. This is one of the reasons I love Merced (my hometown). You are just minutes from beautiful scenery like this!


Also, if you feel like reading it, I've decided to tell you 100 things about me:

  1. I love God.
  2. I love my husband.
  3. I'm terrified of needles. Like, deathly, blood pressure through the roof, hyperventilate, terrified.
  4. I've been to 37 states.
  5. I really enjoy playing golf, although I haven't done it in a while. In highschool, I was on the Varsity golf team all 4 years.
  6. I love to camp.
  7. I can play the piano.
  8. When I'm really, really tired and something is funny, I laugh and cry at the same time.
  9. I went to school to be a teacher and I'm not one.
  10. My husband was my first boyfriend.
  11. I love reading. If I have a good book, I could easily sit and read for 8 hours straight. This baffles my husband.
  12. I have a huge scar on my head the size and shape of a horseshoe from surgery when I was little.
  13. If I had been a boy, my parents would have named me Steven.
  14. I really like to bake. Pretty much all my baking includes chocolate in some form or shape.
  15. I really like chocolate.
  16. I don't really tan. I'm either white or a lobster.
  17. I love to drive by myself. When I was single in college, after church on Sunday, I would go on mini road trips to explore the area.
  18. When I'm really, really, super tired, I snore when I'm sleeping. My husband will testify to this.
  19. My husband and I met on a blind date through mutual friends.
  20. If a pair of high heels are cute and affordable, I will buy them and where them even if they kill my feet.
  21. All of my high heels have heels 4 inches and higher.
  22. My nickname in junior high (thanks to some friends) was Step On Me All Over (my maiden name was Stephanie Oliver).
  23. I've only been stung by a bee twice.
  24. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up.
  25. I typically walk very fast.
  26. When singing along to the radio, if I don't know the words, I make them up. My sister will testify to this.
  27. I have a younger sister.
  28. I've only ever had one piece of uncooked sushi. I ate it because I was on my second date (group date) with my now husband and I choked it down to try to impress him. I about gagged. Literally.
  29. I tried to learn to drive a stick-shift once. I about ruined my friends car. That was the end of that.
  30. When I was younger, I had a family of 5 Big Birds that were my favorite. I took one of them everywhere with me. It was pretty much as tall as I was.
  31. When I was little I made up this dance called the "Hotdog Dance".
  32. I don't like hotdogs.
  33. I always threatened to get a tattoo. My mom never believed me. See #3.
  34. I don't like driving without music.
  35. I was in plays/musical when I was in Junior High. My biggest role was Mrs. Hannigan in "Annie".
  36. I like ketchup but I don't like tomatoes.
  37. When I would go over to one of my childhood friends house, we would jump from his dresser to his bed and back to try to avoid the shark (his little sister) on the carpet.
  38. I did not dance at my Senior prom. I still had lots of fun though!
  39. I love the rain. It would be wonderful if it was raining and gloomy with thunder and lightening, but only if I am home with a sweatshirt and yoga pants on cuddled on the couch with a blanket.
  40. I've only ever had one ticket in my life thus far. Illegal left turn.
  41. I've blown a front tire on my truck while driving by myself. Super scary experience.
  42. I flew in a plane by myself for the first time this year.
  43. When swimming, I don't like my head to be below my feet. Needless to say, diving was never my forte.
  44. When I got my current truck, it took me a while to get used to the speedometer. My previous Toyota Cressida had a digital number reading speedometer.
  45. I always volunteered to help my teachers with side projects in elementary school.
  46. I broke my foot in Junior High by walking.
  47. I can be pretty crafty if I want to be.
  48. I have a habit of asking my husband super sweetly to make me something if I don't like the rental or purchase price elsewhere.
  49. My husband is a General Contractor.
  50. We've been remodeling our house for 32 months. That stuff takes money! Also, if you're married to a contractor, he doesn't always want to come home and do the same stuff he's been doing all day.
  51. My sister and I had a pet goldfish that committed suicide. He jumped out of his bowl on the dresser into the trash can below.
  52. At one point in college, I had every country in the world memorized.
  53. I LOVE Monopoly and all of its 8-12 hour playing time glory.
  54. I tried playing the flute. That lasted 6 months. The instructor would always get mad at me because I couldn't get the air flow right.
  55. I really wanted to take French in highschool. My dad wouldn't let me and wanted me to take Spanish. Much better decision. Knowing Spanish has come in handy several times in the past.
  56. I collect playing cards.
  57. I never use store-bought bows for gifts. I make my own with ribbon.
  58. I never use gift bags for gifts either.
  59. I blacked out once when intertubing down a snowy hill as a camp counselor. I flew off my tub when we hit the bottom and I came to while lying in the snow several yards away.
  60. When growing up, I wanted to be either a teacher or a librarian.
  61. I own the entire Nancy Drew series.
  62. I could watch "Friends" every day and never tire of it.
  63. I enjoy doing things for others.
  64. My first concert was dcTalk. Love them still!
  65. I handwash dishes. I didn't grow up with a dishwasher. My college roommates always were in awe that I preferred to handwash dishes. When we redo our kitchen, I told my husband that I don't even want a dishwasher. I think they are a waste of space (for me anyway).
  66. I've always been slightly overweight. My mom has to actually focus when she wants to GAIN weight. I did not inherit this gene.
  67. I want children, but it is a mental struggle for me. See #3. Many people don't or won't understand this.
  68. I LOVE Disneyland.
  69. I like my ankles and feet.
  70. I am extremely hot blooded. My husand is too.
  71. I have expanded my spice usage and my trying of new foods since knowing my husband.
  72. I had the sweetest apartment before we got married. 650sqft, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, family room, dining area, my own laundry room, a huge walk-in closet, fantastic view of the San Gabriel Valley, $500/month, utilities included, in a million dollar neighborhood. I didn't want to move.
  73. I never moved houses growing up. My parents moved when I was in college.
  74. I grew up with the Oliver (maiden name) luck. I didn't marry out of it. I now have the Maertens luck. It's comical. If something is going to happen, it will usually happen to us.
  75. I have a hard time keeping plants alive.
  76. I own a BB gun.
  77. I love listening to music when I cook and clean.
  78. I shuffle cards funny. It's like an inverted shuffle.
  79. I love to play worship songs on the piano and sing along to them.
  80. I do not have a very good memory when it comes to remembering places and things.
  81. I usually pay bills as soon as I receive them.
  82. I don't like clutter. I used to clean my entire bedroom before I could go to bed.
  83. I don't like donuts and pastries.
  84. I used Proactive for years and then one day, my skin decided it was allergic to it and broke out in a painful, red, stinging rash.
  85. I can't stand smoking.
  86. I'm a bit of a procrastinator if it's something I don't really want to do.
  87. I'm a very stubborn person.
  88. I find that I have a much higher work ethic than many people my age. It's kind of sad how lazy people have become.
  89. My main origins of my heritage are Portugese and French.
  90. I used to have the biggest crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
  91. If I get a great deal on something, I have to tell people about it (whether they care or not). I find satisfaction in saving a ridiculous amount of money or getting a killer deal.
  92. I don't care about astrology or signs or any of that.
  93. There are alot of birthday buddies in my husbands family: Mitch's dad and Mitch's brother's girlfriend - January 9th. Mitch and Mitch's sister in law - July 24th. My birthday and Mitch's brothers birthday - March 26th and March 25th.
  94. I have never dyed, colored or highlighted my hair in any way.
  95. I have no desire to ride in a helicopter. Too much of an enclosed space.
  96. I like Shakespeare.
  97. I have super curly hair that I typically straighten daily.
  98. I hate when people are rude.
  99. My parents have been married for 29 years.
  100. I don't mind speaking in front of groups of people
Well, if you made it this far, congratulations! Here's to my 100th post!

1 comments:

Marihelen said...

Well, there are some things that you like or dislike that are like your grandpa. No dishwasher! Just wait until you have a household of kids and their friends. My daughter has one, but uses it for storage. Go figure??? Love U, Marihelen

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com