Monday, August 27, 2012

SpongeBob Cake

As I mentioned a couple days ago, I was asked by a friend to make a special Spongebob cake for her son for his 4th birthday this past weekend. Since it was a smaller cake, I was able to work the fondant all by myself and didn't need Mitch's muscles. Total time for baking and decorating this cake:  about 5 hours.
The base of the cake.

The pineapple lump before the fondant was placed over it. This is not solid frosting although it looks like it. It DOES have cake hidden in there somewhere.

Shaping the leaves for the top of the pineapple with pencils.

The finished product!




Looking back, I would have done this a bit differently (but I'm not sure how) because I had some support issues. I had to use more cardboard and dowels than I would have preferred. Overall, the 4-year-old seemed to like to though, so that's all that really mattered.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com