Friday, July 20, 2012

Reflections

I had to run an errand at lunch today that look longer than expected. Therefore, I didn't have time to go home and have lunch so I had to grab it from a fast food place. I parked in a local store parking lot and just thought while I ate and listened to Air1.

It has really been a weird couple of days. All around me it feels like the world is rapidly declining and evil is trying to prevail.

I don't normally chime in on politically-infused comments people make on Facebook. I don't like confrontation and I don't like to preach to people. However, yesterday a girl I knew from highschool posted a status that said something to the effect that she hopes all Chick-Fil-A's burn to the ground due to a very public statement the owner made. If you are not familiar with it, click here for the full article.

I was not even aware of this matter until the girl from highschool brought it up. I chimed in on the post simply to bring up a contradition, not to start an argument.

"I respect that you have your opinions on this. However, the owners of Chick-Fil-A have never hidden that they are Christian's and Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin. So you're expecting people to respect your opinions and beliefs but you aren't offering that same courtesy for others? I normally don't chime in on things like this but it gets frustrating that everyone is such an advocate for homosexuality and gay marriage. If people choose to be advocates thats fine. However that does NOT mean that we as Christians must agree with you. You have the right to say what you want and believe in what you want so why should it be any different for anyone else?"

This turned into a very ugly debate. I truly believe that all of my comments came from God on this because as I stated before, I would not normally participate in things such as this. I don't like to be hated. I don't like people to think I'm crazy. God moved me to speak though. This girls husband and I were pretty good friends in Junior High. His brother was very active in this conversation and accused me of "using my god as a crutch and an excuse for hatred and intolerance". I was told that the Bible promotes racism, among other things. I was never rude or accusational in any of my responses. Her brother-in-law was very rude however and repeatedly deminished the love and power of my God and accused me of being stupid. Eventually, the girl asked me to stop posting and cease the conversation.

I don't know why, but this entire conversation left me with a sickening feeling in my gut. For the first time I actually felt like I was ready for Christ to come back so I could be done with this world. I'm not saying that I haven't always been looking forward to that, but yesterday was the first time I just truly felt a sense of dread and felt some sort of impending doom. This world is becoming a sad, sad place. The majority of the people who participated in this conversation are so turned around about who God is. Some even go as far to call themselves Christians. I won't judge their hearts and souls, but actions speak louder than words.

Then this morning I woke up and checked Facebook (because I'm kind of lame like that) and saw a status that a friend posted about his truck being broken into and computer equipment stolen. Then, I turned on the news and heard about the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. Our world is filled with such evil and horror that it is sickening. There is a huge spiritual warfare battle raging right now.

In all honestly, even with all the bad things that have happened over the years, this is the first time I felt really probability of Jesus coming back soon. It seems as though everything is spiraling out of control with this world. It sickens me of what people are accepting and tolerent of in these current times.

My mindset has truly changed this week. I feel a real urgency to further God's Kingdom and live out loud. I feel like too long I've been hesistant to share Jesus with people and invite them to church because I was afraid of what they'd think. Lately though, I am feeling a desperation because of how many friends/family Mitch and I both have that are not saved and are not aware of the love of Christ.

Long story, short. I feel that our time is rapidly waining on this earth. I look forward to the day when I'm in heaven and am surrounded only by the love of Christ and all those who love Him with me. I also look forward to the heavenly body that can eat of the heavenly banquets without a concern about calories (that thought stemmed from what I was eating while reflecting).

I hope you have a blessed weekend and constantly keep our true purpose on earth in the forefront of your mind.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com